Thanks to everyone for this discussion. You SCIARTists are the greatest.

-----Original Message-----
From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lynette Cook
Sent: Friday, 17 November 2017 1:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Purchasing Photoshop Single License?

> Is there an obvious reason I'm missing (as a one-man-band freelance shop) to buy a license outright these days? What are you really "buying"? Thanks! Molly

From a personal and historical viewpoint, I have upgraded software sporadically. I have never jumped on every new version, nor have I needed to. I too am a one-person freelance/self-employed business and some years have been great income-wise and some years have not. In the lean years spending money on upgrades - plus new OSs and new computer hardware when the upgrades required it - was not happening if I could get by without. And I got by and "made do" a lot. Subsequently, buying licenses outright was a component of my survival since I spent less $$ in the long run than I would have otherwise. Right now I'm not in such a tight spot, but having had difficult years (and not being able to predict the future) I remain more comfortable with the outright purchase model.

Lynette

Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv
This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee. Its use is limited to that intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed without the author's consent. Unless otherwise stated, the State of Queensland accepts no liability for the contents of this E-Mail except where subsequently confirmed in writing. The opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the State of Queensland. This E-Mail is confidential and may be subject to a claim of legal privilege. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author and delete this message immediately.