You would think if Adobe’s main interest was keeping their customers happy they would offer both a subscription or outright purchase. Didn’t the customer used to be always right.

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce Bartrug
Sent: Friday, 17 November 2017 2:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Purchasing Photoshop Single License?

I'm also retired, and have had to relearn the meaning of the word, frugal.  To me the Adobe subscription service was a shot in the foot, and not from my own gun if you get my drift.  And now they've shot the other foot, too, by shutting down Lightroom.  Whether or not one wants "all the bells and whistles" is a moot point when all one needs is Photoshop, updated every few years.  I can understand that others may need access to the whole creative cloud.  To me, and to much of the photo world including pros, the subscription only option was the beginning of the search for different software.  Photoshop is still the best option in my humble....one just needs to find a raw conversion software that will produce files compatible with PS.  Others have abandoned Adobe completely, and in a way I can't blame them.  Mixing and matching is, today at least, the best option.