Just weighing in as a generally-broke illustrator: I was forced to go to the subscription plan two years back, since my last full version was CS3, and with the new OSs things started to get way too wonky (non-functional would be more like it). Like many of us I unfortunately could not justify the price for the entire suite because I just don’t do enough in Illustrator or InDesign (or anything else), so I have been on the Photoshop-only (photographers’ plan) which does include Lightroom classic and Lightroom CC, and I pay $119 a year... and as Molly says there is access to a lot of “stuff” (and I still refer to tutorials; love them). Just the other day I downloaded a zillion new brushes (though so far haven’t found any as good as the ones I made myself!).

I wish I felt I had time to even check out Lightroom, but thus far I haven’t ...(I am not a photographer!). And I do sometimes miss InDesign and Illustrator, but most of the stuff I do can be done effectively now in PS.

I am not sure if the price of $119/year is because of my previous licenses, but it seems to me everyone should be able to get that option. At basically then, only $10/month, to me it has been pretty darn reasonable and I’m happy with it.

Barbara Harmon
www.barbaraharmon.com