Dear Steve,

I have to remove pins from a variety of insects for clients when I photograph them.  I’ll try to put a video together to show my approach, but I always rotate the pin clockwise and counterclockwise to loosen it before pulling.  If you are able to gently secure the specimen while rotating the pin will gently pulling it out, you’re chances of a successful removal are far greater than cutting or directly pulling.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Mark
Mark R. Smith, M.S.