Maybe this is something clothiers have hashed out long ago, but not knowing the right clothing folks to ask I figured I'd ask some people at large.

I've found one bit of "Cranach dress" jewelry that is a thin gold chain necklace that seems it might be connected to a brooch on the dress (as opposed to just the "floating giant honkin' chains" or "thin chain outlining and disappearing between breasts."
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/410672059754831906/

If it is actually connected to a dress, will that avoid stepping on Chiv toes?  My understanding is that it would be acceptable according to the Sumptuary Laws, but since law and custom can sometimes be quite different...

-Ingibiorg