Hello Ingibiorg,

I’m not a member of the chiv, but I am a clothier and, having looked at the painting, I don’t think anyone could confuse the necklace in question with a knight’s chain. But, I would probably select a more delicate chain with smaller links so it is clearly jewelry. (I love period bling!)

Also, the link you provided directed me to a full Pinterest page rather than a single image. I take it this was the image you were referring to?

https://pin.it/ylkw2d73ta5iae

It was the only painting on the page that matched the description you gave. :)

YIS,
Rosalye

Sent from my iPhone