A&S Deputy for Martial Studies Position Vacancy

The office of A&S Deputy for Martial Studies has been vacant since the sorrowful passing of our beloved friend, HG Sir Ostwald.  I have not received any queries about it since then, but the time has come to look at filling this position.

There are no particular prerequisites of rank or achievement, but it does require a serious interest in research, re-creation, and promotion of period martial techniques, training, equipment, and materiel from the research angle primarily.  It is not limited to any particular category of combat activity, the goal is to improve the quality and authenticity of our game, and includes both individual and collective martial activity.  It really encompasses all of the martial field, including such diverse areas as archery, armored combat, steel combat, equestrian matters, youth combat, even the study of siege weapons, and extends to matters as diverse as task organization, orders of battle, and tactical/strategic thought for Medieval battles.

Knowledge and interest are the key things necessary, but naturally experience, prowess, and diverse authorizations would be positives.  The role of the selected candidate would be as a resource and guide for those engaging in martial studies in an artisan sense, such as research in combat systems and techniques, weapons, armor, and general coordination of martiallyoriented A&S activities, NOT to butt heads with the Marshalate.

If interested, please submit a narrative letter of interest to the Kingdom A&S Minister (Me), no particular format or length, but it should contain your background, experience, and vision for the office.  Submissions should be emailed to [log in to unmask]  and must be received not later than Friday, January 26th, 2018, the decision announced shortly thereafter.

Yours in service, THL Paul Adler