Hi all -  Since Kirk is one of our plenary speakers this coming July - GNSI 50th Anniversary Conference, how about if I ask him to give this same talk?   Think any one of our folks would mind?

Taina

----- Original Message -----
From: "SCIART-L automatic digest system" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:00:06 AM
Subject: SCIART-L Digest - 8 Dec 2017 to 13 Dec 2017 (#2017-172)

Topics of the day:

  1. Science and narrative (4)

Date:    Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:13:12 -0500
From:    Hannah Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Science and narrative

Hi everyone,

For those of you in the Bay area, someone I got to know at Berkeley last year, a graduate student by the name of Sara AlShafie, is organizing this symposium on the use of narrative in conveying science:

http://sicb.org/meetings/2018/symposia/narrative.php <http://sicb.org/meetings/2018/symposia/narrative.php>

Sara is passionate about the subject. At one point she brought folks from Pixar to meet the paleontologists at Berkeley for instance, so they could cross-fertilize.

And i looked at the list of speakers and Kirk Johnson (in case someone doesn’t know him, he’s director or the NMNH and author of Cruisin’ the Fossil Freeway along with Ray Troll, and of the beautiful Ancient Denvers) is one of them. I wish I were closer so I could attend!

Cheers from the Med
Hannah
--
Taina Litwak