Hi Gretchen:
I bought a new imac last January and it had the original Sierra on it. I
am also one of those who can be reamed out for being behind. So, when
the High Sierra came out, I thought I should upgrade and be current. But
the more I hear the more I don't like what I'm hearing. I did have to
switch to the Creative Cloud suite which I was not fond of, but
necessary.  It has worked out ok.

Even with the new computer, when it was shiny.... I noticed that
Thunderbird and Apple Mail were slow slow slow and most third party
software was not as happy as it could be (Excel, Word, etc). I'm still
scratching my head over why I cannot make two quick commands in
Thunderbird without it crashing. Not a happy camper there.

So, that is why I am listening to hear what other folks think of High
Sierra.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC