This year's 50th Anniverary 2018 GNSI Conference promises to be a great one! The always-popular Techniques Showcase will take place on Wednesday, July 18 within the Q?rius Center at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, with techniques demonstrations by members given behind the scences in this amazing education facility.

We still have a couple slots available to give demonstrations of a digital or traditional technique which you think will be of interest for your fellow illustrators. And, for more adventurous members, the Smithsonian would like some GNSI members to give illustration demonstrations in the public area of the center. We need some volunteers for this too. Being summertime, the museum will be busy tourists, parents, and adolescents interested in science. It will be a great opportunity to toot GNSI's horn and get the word out about scientific illustration and its practitioners.  Please contact Catherine Miller at [log in to unmask] if you're interested in helping with the Techniques Showcase or have any questions.

For more information about the 2018 Conference, please check out our website still in progress: http://2018.conf.gnsi.org/

Thanks!

Joel Floyd
Chair, 2018 GNSI Conference