I might be thinking of something else, but I think it was Gruchy who coined
the term.  Not sure if Veblen used it.  I want to say that you can find a
definition of economics in Veblen's Prof. Clark's Economics or The
Limitations of Marginal Utility, but I don't recall exactly where or what
it was.  Well, perhaps that's of some help...

--
Erik Dean, Ph. D.
Instructor of Economics, *Portland Community College* <http://www.pcc.edu>