From: "Waller, William" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: query about provisioning

Thanks everyone.  Erik Dean suggested the place of science which I had in pdf and did a word search.

From Industrial and Pecuniary Employments on page 285 of The Place of Science in Modern Civilization.

"Viewed from the standpoint of the collective interest, the economic process is rated primarily as a process for the provision of the aggregate material means of life.”

Industrial and Pecuniary Employments
by Veblen, Thorstein<https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Veblen%2C+Thorstein%22>

Publication date 1901-02-01<https://archive.org/search.php?query=date:1901-02-01>
Publisher Publications of the American Economic Association
Collection jstor_publamereconasso<https://archive.org/details/jstor_publamereconasso>; jstor_ejc<https://archive.org/details/jstor_ejc>; additional_collections<https://archive.org/details/additional_collections>; journals<https://archive.org/details/journals>
Contributor JSTOR<https://archive.org/details/jstor_ejc>
Language English<https://archive.org/search.php?query=%28language%3Aeng+OR+language%3A%22English%22%29>
Volume 2

"Industrial and Pecuniary Employments" is an article from Publications of the American Economic Association, Volume 2<https://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Ajstor_publamereconasso%20AND%20volume%3A2>.

William Waller
Helen Cam Visiting Fellow
Girton College
Cambridge University
Cambridge, CB3 0JG
and
William R. Kenan Jr. Professor of Economics
Director of Wine Studies
Department of Economics
300 Pulteney Street
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Geneva, New York  14456-3397

Phone: 315 781-3433
Fax:    315 781-3422
email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>