Cornell University

Postdoctoral Associate in Music and Islam in the Contemporary World

The Department of Music invites applications from scholars whose work
focuses on music and Islam in the contemporary world for a Stanford H.
Taylor Postdoctoral Fellowship. We are interested in work that challenges
geographic and disciplinary boundaries; all regional specializations will
be considered. The term of the fellowship is two years, with the
appointment beginning July 1, 2018. Fellows will teach three courses during
the term of their appointment, one each semester for three semesters with a
fourth semester free of teaching obligations. Fellows are expected to be in
residence for the term of the appointment and to take an active role in the
intellectual life of their home department, the College of Arts & Sciences,
and the university. Fellows will be provided with an annual stipend of
$60,000, full benefits, and a research account of $3,000 per year.
Eligibility is limited to candidates whose PhD was conferred in 2016 or
2017 or will be conferred by August 1, 2018.

Please apply through https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/10822 with a
letter of application, curriculum vitae, writing sample and three
references by February 28, 2018.

Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are
a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and
Individuals with Disabilities.