*Call For Papers*

*Jazz and Culture*

*Issue 2 – Spring 2019*

Deadlines (for second issue):

Abstracts 300-500 words: March 15, 2018

Full Manuscripts:  June 1, 2018

The University of Pittsburgh’s Jazz Studies Program in collaboration with
the University of Illinois Press seek research articles for Issue No.
2 of *Jazz
and Culture*. We invite scholars and artists to submit proposals for our
second issue, slated for release in Spring of 2019.

*Jazz and Culture *is an annual, peer-reviewed publication devoted to
publishing cutting-edge research on jazz from multiple perspectives. All
methodological approaches are welcome, including ethno/musicology, music
theory, and critical and cultural studies. Drawing upon recent trends in
music scholarship, we further seek to interrogate a range of issues
connecting music, race, class, gender, and other realms of social practice.
We particularly encourage submissions exploring the music’s international
scope.

We request submissions in the following categories:

·      Academic Articles in approximately 10,000 words.

·      Oral Histories of Jazz Artists

·      Book and Media Reviews (1,000-2,000 words)

To Submit, please send a proposal of 300-500 words in either .pdf or .doc
format to: Pittjazz -at- pitt.edu. For consideration, please submit your
proposals by March 15, 2018. Full manuscripts will be required by June 1,
2018.

For questions email: Editor-In-Chief Michael Heller, Michael.Heller -at-
pitt.edu, or view information on https://www.press.uillinois.edu.