Ethnomusicology Review is now accepting submissions for Volume 22, scheduled for publication in Fall 2018. Started as Pacific Review of Ethnomusicology (PRE) in 1984, Ethnomusicology Review is a refereed journal managed by UCLA graduate students and a faculty advisory board. Our online format allows authors to rethink how they use media to present their argument and data, moving beyond the constraints of print journals. We encourage submissions that make use of video, audio, color photographs, and interactive media.

Articles are original essays of no more than 8000 words on topics related to musical practice, and will be subject to an extensive peer-review process prior to publication. These may be written from a variety of disciplinary perspectives including ethnomusicology, musicology, anthropology, sociology, and cultural studies. Essays in languages other than English will be considered for publication and must include an abstract written in English.

Full guidelines for submission:
ethnomusicologyreview.ucla.edu/submission-guidelines

*The submission deadline is April 2nd, 2018.*

Email submissions to emreview -at- ucla.edu.