*Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy *Vol. 30

https://music.appstate.edu/about/jmtp/articles

Articles:

Robin Attas (Elon University): “Teaching What We Do and How We Do It: Using
a Miniconference Assignment to Dig Deep into Music Analysis”

Anna Ferenc (Wilfrid Laurier University): “Promoting Metacognitive
Reflection in Music Theory Instruction”

Angela Ripley (University of Alabama): “What Did the West Wind See?
Teaching Whole-Tone Scales through Debussy’s ‘Ce qu’a vu le vent d’ouest’”

Daniel Stevens (University of Delaware): “Symphonic Hearing: Mastering
Harmonic Hearing Using the To/Ti Test”

Benjamin K. Wadsworth (Kennesaw State University): “Schenkerian Analysis
for the Beginner”

Review:

Sarah Marlowe (New York University): “Counterpoint in the Classroom:
Pedagogical Considerations and a Detailed Review of Two Textbooks”

Conference Report:

Morgan Markel (Eastman School of Music) and Nicholas J. Shea (Ohio State
University): “Report on the 2016 Workshops in Music Theory Pedagogy at the
University of Massachusetts Amherst”

We project the release of Volume 31 in July 2018. The editors currently
welcome submissions for Volume 32 (2018). Instructions for contributors can
be found at https://music.appstate.edu/about/jmtp