To Calontir,

I have received a letter from the Society Seneschal that states that Doxxing, the search for and publishing of private or identifying information about a particular individual on the Internet, typically with malicious intent, is considered a violation of the SCA Code of Conduct and the Anti-Bullying and Harassment policy.  I have forwarded that letter to the group Seneschals.

I have been instructed to obtain any screen-shots of instances of Doxxing by any participant.

Also, I have heard of other instances of online bullying on other subjects, specifically threatening the possibility of blocking someone’s chances at a peerage.

I understand that emotions are running high at the moment on several issues, but this does not excuse dishonorable behavior.  Think before you post.  The Internet is a public forum, and although you do have the right to say what you want.  You do not have the right to publish malicious material, bully, or threaten another person.

~Brendan
Calontir Seneschal