Hi Lynette,

Although, I have started switching from Adobe a few years back, in your
case Adobe guy might be right to ask you to upgrade to High Sierra. Each
new version of Mac OS X (macOS) automatically instals new/updated printer
divers. When you don't have the right driver installed, macOS allows you to
print through GIMP but can not offer all the options available through that
specific printer's driver.

It might also help to know that even a periodic Sierra update should have
provided/updated your printer's driver but it is common of manufacturers —
in your case Epson — to not care to provide new drivers or their updates to
Apple until a new macOS version is due out. Hence, all the hassle.

Regards

*absar ahmed*

*design / direction / consultancy*
*+92 321 2226399  /  **twitter <https://twitter.com/mrAbsarAhmed>*