Thank you everyone, for your input regarding staff support for
entomological collections at universities. I pieced together feedback in a
spreadsheet, here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KJtnUPiB-
wNpvCT88qKaK-zZUFmvFwi4/view?usp=sharing

A couple things stood out. About half of these positions get 50% of their
support from extension funds, and the other half get 100% from
university/college/department funds. Overall, most of the entomological
collections have a permanent hard money position for collections work
(mostly as collection managers). Another thing that stood out was the
relative lack of support for new faculty members supervising a collection,
and several comments basically that they expect funding to cease once they
retire :(

Anyways, there is a good diversity of creative strategies that folks have
been using for funding entomological collections.

Paul