The Falcon Banner has posted a new item, 'In Memoriam: The Passing of Baron
Sir Cormac O'Sullivan
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2018/03/03/in-memoriam-the-passing-of-baron-sir-cormac-osullivan/>'

<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/cormac012.jpg>

Photo courtesy Mistress Rhianydd Arberth

Baron Sir Cormac O’Sullivan <http://op.calontir.org/persona.php?p=730>
passed away on Monday, February 26, 2018.
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/28616449_2051527781732038_6286983731093127822_o.jpg>

Courtesy of The Knowne World Memorial Shield Project

Memorial visitation will be March 6, from 4 PM to 8 PM at Calterra Funeral
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/5140+Daggett+Ave,+St.+Louis,[log in to unmask],-90.2723724,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x87d8b50f48c198d1:0x88a03b385a87e95d!8m2!3d38.616515!4d-90.2723724>,
5140 Daggett Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
<https://maps.google.com/?q=5140+Daggett+Ave.,+St.+Louis,+MO+63110&entry=gmail&source=g>.
Funeral Mass will be March 7 at 10 AM at St. John the Baptist Catholic
Church
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/4200+Delor+St,+St.+Louis,[log in to unmask],-90.2646118,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x87d8b5cd82d201ab:0x60824f9a68c9751e!8m2!3d38.5800142!4d-90.2646118>,
4200 Delor St., St. Louis, MO 63116
<https://maps.google.com/?q=4200+Delor+St.,+St.+Louis,+MO+63116&entry=gmail&source=g>

Baron Cormac was the second baron of the Barony of Three Rivers, serving
from 1990 to 1995. He is remembered fondly by many as their “first Baron”,
and a great inspiration in their SCA experience.

He is also remembered for his exuberant performances of songs like “Haul
Away Joe”, and his recitation of Shylock’s speech from the Merchant of
Venice. He was always smiling, and his joy in life and the SCA was
infectious, bringing everyone along with him for the ride.

Sir Saito remembers:

Baron Sir Cormac was the first knight I met in the SCA 30 years ago.  He
immediately impressed me with his kindness to strangers. He also, for the
many years I fought with him, inspired me to remember SCA fighting is more
about honor and fun than victory. He ALWAYS was smiling a big grin inside
his helmet.  Always.  I never saw him without that grin, ear to ear, as he
smashed people with his mace.  He was the knight that made me want to be a
knight.  He was also a funny guy who could make me laugh.  He used to use
this line on young new fighters like myself 30 year ago. It went like this
“Young man” he told me “Now try not to hurt this old, slow, tired knight.
Come closer so I can hear and see you better” He would then explode into a
grinning whirlwind of mace and shield.    I use that line myself for many
years now in his honor.   It saddens my heart to think his inspiring light
isn’t shining still.

You may view the latest post at http://falconbanner.
gladiusinfractus.com/2018/03/03/in-memoriam-the-passing-of-
baron-sir-cormac-osullivan/ You received this e-mail because you asked to
be notified when new updates are posted. Best regards, The Falcon Banner