OH, I cringed when I read that, for I have done that very thing. What a
horrible feeling!
Whoo Hoo for Carbonite!

I'm finding that these plans are similar in price and in methods. With
the major difference (for my use) being they are stored like using Time
Machine or they function as an external hard drive with ability to
manually move things around in the cloud.
After losing that hard drive, and comparing what was lost on it via
DiskCatalogMaker, I am discovering my lapses in consistency in archiving
and redundancy backups. Not with the job files, but with my travel
photos. Those will be the most problematic.

Most folks have a double- or triple-backup system, meaning they use
external hard drives, a dropbox-type mid-term retrieval system, and a
long-term archive system. I like the options and safeguards with using
all three.

My greatest challenge will be to organize all external hard drives in
preparation of uploading to the cloud.

Yay for backups!!
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC