OH, I cringed when I read that, for I have done that very thing. What a horrible feeling!
Whoo Hoo for Carbonite!

I'm finding that these plans are similar in price and in methods. With the major difference (for my use) being they are stored like using Time Machine or they function as an external hard drive with ability to manually move things around in the cloud.
After losing that hard drive, and comparing what was lost on it via DiskCatalogMaker, I am discovering my lapses in consistency in archiving and redundancy backups. Not with the job files, but with my travel photos. Those will be the most problematic.

Most folks have a double- or triple-backup system, meaning they use external hard drives, a dropbox-type mid-term retrieval system, and a long-term archive system. I like the options and safeguards with using all three.

My greatest challenge will be to organize all external hard drives in preparation of uploading to the cloud.

Yay for backups!!
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC

520.803.0538