(grin) caught that did ya?  There is a striped skunk that comes to classes at the Art Institute (Arizona Sonora Desert Museum) and poses for the students.  I have seen them also up close, but no touching, in the yard. If you are ever in a nature museum or display where they have pelts, then it's often the last one to be guessed right. They have such tiny delicate feet, and very fine facial features.  Yes they are very soft, and have sweet-looking faces.

I have a deep respect for skunk odor molecules. Human noses are not receptive to so many smells, but that one can carry for long distances, permeate clothing and hair from a great way off, too. It's amazing how potent it is. Much respect.

Lily learned first hand that they were weaponized, and foreverafter she had a special skunk-bark to let us know one was out and about in the yard. Her warning alerted me to a rabid, convulsing skunk about 15' behind me one day while working in the yard.  Poor thing had to be euthanized by the County. But I got a very close look. poor thing.

Remarkable creatures!
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC

520.803.0538