Sabi: how much pewter by weight?

Nesscia: if you're wanting to be super period a crucible and coal pan may be the way to go, but if you're just wanting to do pewter casting, I'd suggest getting an electric melting pot costing $35-$70.  Personally, I think it's a lot easier to deal with.  If you get the elevated kind with the spout on the bottom (like the Lee Production Pot IV) you don't have to mess with scooping the metal out with a dipper, and have less wastage because you don't have to go through the stuff that forms at the surface. (Some people have had spouts with a slow leak/drip, but I didn't have that issue.)

-Ingibiorg