Hi Clara,

For photos, I upload everything with Image Capture and put in folders by month and year. I may have sub-folders within the folders- like "F&C at Spannocchia"-
All photos are on my desktop (and backups) vs the Cloud. It works for me. I have a nearly full 5TB hard drive, so I'm in the process of housekeeping.
Ron backed up his virtual warehouse of photographs, stored in Lightroom, to DropBox.

I've been afraid of High Sierra...

Cheers,
Gretchen

www.gretchenhalpert.com