This is serendipitous. Before I got this email, I went to System Prefs,
and saw where the printer in the left column was "offline" I clicked on
all the bits pertaining to that printer. I also have another 4-in-1
printer.  It went to green "idle" when I clicked directly on the printer
name in that column, and oddly enough it has not shut off since.....

Then I got your email. This is where he removed everything, and
reinstalled. I hesitate to do that today, but if this just turns off
again, I will do what that fellow did.

  I am not wireless on this printer (like that fellow). I am hooked via
cable to the printer to the router. My laptop uses this printer through
wifi.

Thanks for that! It let's me know that I'm looking in the right spot.
My instruction manual for this machine is like 10.3.
So replacing printer driver today was probably not like those old
instructions.

Cheers,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC