This is serendipitous. Before I got this email, I went to System Prefs, and saw where the printer in the left column was "offline" I clicked on all the bits pertaining to that printer. I also have another 4-in-1 printer.  It went to green "idle" when I clicked directly on the printer name in that column, and oddly enough it has not shut off since.....

Then I got your email. This is where he removed everything, and reinstalled. I hesitate to do that today, but if this just turns off again, I will do what that fellow did.

 I am not wireless on this printer (like that fellow). I am hooked via cable to the printer to the router. My laptop uses this printer through wifi.

Thanks for that! It let's me know that I'm looking in the right spot.  My instruction manual for this machine is like 10.3.
So replacing printer driver today was probably not like those old instructions.

Cheers,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC

520.803.0538