      From: Wendy Beth Jackelow <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:06 AM
 Subject: [SCIART] butterfly morphology reference

Hello everyone,
I am working on an etching of a black swallowtail butterfly based on some photos I tookand I needed more detailed information than my photos reveal. I just wanted to getthe parts right even though that is not the main focus of the work--although I supposeit always should be! My  butterfly is on his back with his legs sort of mangled—poor thing.
Can someone recommend a good reference for butterfly morphology—either a bookor a website? I have some general invertebrate books here and have looked up some things on line, but manyillustrations I have seen are more diagrammatic—almost like a coloring book! I was hopingto find a nice, accurate and detailed illustration.
Thanks to everyone in advance. This list is always so helpful.
Take care,Wendy

Wendy Beth Jackelow, MFA, CM, FAMI
Medical & Scientific Illustration

266 Pelton Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10310
Tel/fax (718) 273-0002
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wbjackelowstudios.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=UMddhGPNLshlrRGPehS2TsN1WBkHl43N-drEetMekaM&s=JHY0VawzJAD6Q7sxPh4oMWAKwYYk3OOq29w4g5La1jQ&e=
________________________________________________Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at
 https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=UMddhGPNLshlrRGPehS2TsN1WBkHl43N-drEetMekaM&s=dPYHO7VwNzPRuPIEZVKArHz6Ae-qUhp-dV4a7t6_5Kg&e=