Most photo software will allow searching for exposure date, which you can use to arrange your photos in folders of year-month-date.

bab

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 5:25 PM, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello my Sci-Art friends,

I am (quite) belatedly facing a major OS upgrade to my Mac and realizing I will face Photos. As I migrate (having backed up everything 3 ways), what else should I look out for? What monsters lurk in the corner and what cool new tools might help me?

I am more certain (never be certain) I will have an abiding relationship with Apple than Adobe CC, so I have not wanted to marry myself to Adobe for photos (much as I like Bridge for certain design projects).

So far my library is all in one place, but iPhoto appears to not be very happy about my over 50Gb, so after I migrate I am likely to want to break it up by year or subject or something. I have both reference photos and family pix to deal with.

I do use keywords and their resulting Smart Albums; I am hoping I will not lose that function.

I am happy to do some reading but have not found a great deal.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you all for being there!

Clara
[who needs to get this whole project done in advance of layout for JNSI 2018 (2)]

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com