Hi,
I just finished and shipped an unframed watercolor painting to a client in North Carolina; she asked about protecting it from humidity. Is it recommended to spray it with a fixative or varnish of some sort? and if so, should it be put under glass or UV-resistant acrylic or left without a cover?

The piece is on Arches 300# and was painted with Daniel Smith watercolors. Since it's already at the client's, not knowing if they have access to someone who knows how to handle artwork or not, can they do the spraying? Front only or both sides? # of coats, etc. In other words, any info you can give me will be appreciated.

thanks,

Gail

--
Gail Guth