From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Gretchen Halpert
Sent: Saturday, 19 May 2018 6:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] protecting watercolor?

Hi Gail,

I would do what Patricia suggests, using UV glass or plexi to prevent fading. Advise your client colors will last longest out of direct sunlight. I have never sprayed watercolors. I have, however, heard of people doing that instead of glazing. They spray both sides with fixative, then coat with a UVA varnish. I can't imagine doing that to my watercolors. I would think you'd lose some of the delicacy of the media.

Best,

Gretchen

www.gretchenhalpert.com <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gretchenhalpert.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=WgRZb7sqpBxE_gUxBJtIBL6zsOspUeh9Enb9mNjj_T0&s=hY676lI3-spOafVsd4iw2sTNfWpkOardj1WPeu_rRho&e=>

www.gretchenhalpert-distanceprogram.com <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gretchenhalpert-2Ddistanceprogram.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=WgRZb7sqpBxE_gUxBJtIBL6zsOspUeh9Enb9mNjj_T0&s=8wkO1Pmk1QZ9Lx1LDFcibOswQucJGPJVFaZGm_oeUiU&e=>