I work on a MacBook Pro in conjunction with an iPad Pro/Apple Pencil and the Procreate App. I do all of my sketching in Procreate and then bring the sketch file into Illustrator or Photoshop to produce the finished piece. (That said, I've almost replaced Photoshop with Procreate at this point - it's an incredible app). When I'm working directly on the MacBook, I often use an old Wacom Intuos 3. That system works well for me!

Kelly