Greetings friends,

I was able to very effectively clean mold (or at least kill it) off beetles and other insects by applying with a fine paintbrush a solution of thymol dissolved in ethanol on the specimens. That is one more treatment to try on your series of beetles.

Luc Leblanc

Curator of the William F. Barr Entomological Museum

University of Idaho, Department of Entomology, Plant pathology and Nematology (EPPN)

875 Perimeter Drive MS 2329

Moscow, ID 83844-2329

Phone: 208-885-7079

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Luc_Leblanc2

http://www.uidaho.edu/cals/pses/research-and-extension/entomological-museum

L'enfance de l'art est la jeunesse du coeur - Sol.

1456504615039_D