Could it also be besides prostitution that the red color makes it look like some alcoholic drink?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2018, at 9:32 AM, Mark Madigan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Guy,

I suspect the red glass pitcher alludes to red lights being associated with prostitution. The term 'red-light district" dates to the late nineteenth-century. Having said that, I want to be clear that I have absolutely no expertise in this area.

All best,
Mark