Greg,

Thank you for posting this sad news.  I can't add anything to Anne's comment.  I feel fortunate to have known him.

Glen

On Saturday, June 2, 2018 3:03 PM, "Mayhew, Anne" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sad news. Mike was a very funny and very perceptive institutionalist.  He was a great guy.

Anne

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 2, 2018, at 5:42 PM, Gregory Hayden <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

AFEE Colleagues,

Attached is all the information that I know about the death of Michael Sheehan. Mike was very committed to institutionalist thought and the application thereof to his many successful activist endeavors. He was also committed to entertaining those in his presence. He will be missed, especially by the downtrodden whom he was helping.

Greg
From: April Dobson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, Jun 01, 2018, 4:53 PM
Subject: Michael Sheehan

Dear Family and Friends,
On Wednesday, June 30, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Michael Sheehan passed away at his home, surrounded by his loving wife and children.

Mike was the husband of Madelynne Sheehan, father of April Dobson and Melissa Capobianco, grandfather of Lucy, Charlotte, and Phoebe Dobson, brother of Scott Foster and Bruce Foster;
and son of Ilse Arndt.

Michael's interment will take place at Willamette National Cemetery (11800 SE Mt. Scott Blvd, Portland) on Monday, June 4, at 9:00 a.m., and a memorial service at Shaarie Torah Synagogue (920 NW 25th Ave, Portland) will follow.

Friends and family are welcome to gather for a reception and traditional Irish music at Mike and Maddy’s home after the service.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made in Mike’s name to the Southern Poverty Law Center or to Planned Parenthood.

Mike was a beloved husband, cherished father, devoted grandfather, veteran of the United States Marine Corps, member of the Oregon State Bar, Ph.D Economist, tenacious community activist, formidable chess player, enthusiastic poet, pun aficionado, political rabble-rouser, lifelong scholar, mensch, and loyal friend. May we honor him with our good works and our good humor, and may his memory be a blessing.