Hi Marni,
I'm sorry to hear this has happened. As much as we try to educate our
clients, sometimes they do silly stuff.

Two things I'd do:

1. Do you have a written contract, or letter of agreement, or email,
that says you require credit in any use of the artwork? If you do, then
you might include that in your "revelation" to them that you notice
these things, and it was part of the agreement. Even emails /are/
agreements.

2. I like your idea of a professional letter to inform or educate them.
It's a good approach for many solutions.
Emily Damstra's article /"How Art/Design Competitions Exploit Artists -
and what you can do about it"/
(for the GNSI Journal and posted on the website (link below) might give
you some ideas on how to create the verbiage of your letter. It covers a
lot of situations, but it is an excellent read.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnsi.org_journal_how-2Dartdesign-2Dcompetitions-2Dexploit-2Dartists-2Dand-2Dwhat-2Dyou-2Dcan-2Ddo-2Dabout-2Dit&d=DwIDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=CSOGgksM-ffQUjL7tzwKE8Z_QXUfMOAaoLUrFvJ159Q&s=9vL7FWIE35RTtVQJQHoFQr_gLfS-0lqOMOJpxEg2Tu0&e=

I hope things work out for you,
(keep us posted)
Best,
Linda

_____________________
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
520.803.0538

www.lindafeltner.com

On 6/13/18 10:50 AM, Bruce Bartrug wrote:
> That they aren't free.
>
> bab
>
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:27 AM Marni Fylling
>
>     Hi all.
>
>     I'm sure there are already a bunch of threads on this from years
>     past, but I'm not sure how best to search.
>

>     A new, local blog used some of my photos (I was paid a nominal
>     amount by the subjects of the feature) and didn't give me credit.
>     I looked around the blog, and noticed that they don't give any
>     photo credits. I'd like to write a short, friendly email to them
>     suggesting they start giving credit for images. It is more
>     professional, and shows their appreciation and respect for the
>     artist's work and intellectual property; and that credit could
>     provide new work for the artist.
>

>     Anything else that's important for me to include?
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     marni

List name is Sciart-L