Please distribute
Thanks

Position for Visiting professor in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation

The Graduate Program in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation (acronym
“PPG-ECB” in Brazil) of the Federal University of Mato Grosso- Brazil
invites applications for 4 years, non-tenure track position at the rank of
Visiting Assistant Professor.

The candidate should demonstrate to be productive in the area Ecology
and/or Biological Conservation. We expect the hired visiting professor
complement and engage with current academic staff and research groups
within our Program in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation. The duties and
responsibilities of the visiting professor should include to conduct
original research, to teach classes in the PPG-ECB and to advise Master and
PhD students. The classes taught can be in Portuguese, Spanish or in
English.

QUALIFICATIONS

Ph.D. in Ecology or Biodiversity Conservation or correlated area.

Demonstrated excellence and experience in teaching. Commitment to working
with a diverse student body.

Effective communication skills (both written and oral).

Ability to engage productively and collegially with faculty and diverse
groups of students across courses and research groups.

Proved productivity in his area with high impact published studies.

APPOINTMENT TERMS

This is a 48 month position. The position does not lead to academic tenure.
Salary will be paid monthly in the Brazilian Reais (R$). The gross salary
is R$16,284.56 (net salary about R$ 11.500,00). Is important to note that
the salary will not be corrected by the current exchange.

TO APPLY

The candidate will apply for a Simplified selection process for foreign
temporary visiting professor position. The registration period: 05/06 to
20/06/2018. The inscriptions will be made by e-mail,

At the moment of the appliance, the candidate should send:

1 – Copy of the PhD Certificate

2 – Copy of CV filled in the *Lattes model. *Lattes CV is a demand for any
researcher active in Brazil. With you don’t have it, please visit the
domain: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wwws.cnpq.br_cvlattesweb_pkg-5Fcv-5Festr.inicio&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=0dKKCbLpmQdJFjZyUmOJ0zynkd3L5iKZhe8uuB-rQwE&m=8I0VSybj45PGiblpzfOTtzDyY6dQf7TkrRj2lJheQDo&s=rTpbjjFmJbC1qipTrxhKZc_t51T9yCOIfqdi4pUgMLo&e= , choose the
language (Portuguese, English or Spanish) and fill the CV model.  Please
save and send the COMPLETE version of CV.

3 – Passport or foreign ID (If is resident in Brazil)

4 – A cover letter (including motivation, interests and clearly declaring
availability to move to Cuiabá)

5 – A simplified research project for the period, focusing on research
goals, feasibility, collaboration with local staff, and potential funding

6 – A plan describing which courses you can teach in undergraduate and
graduate program (courses should be in any subject of Ecology and/or
Evolution and/or Conservation Science)

--

Fernando Z. Vaz-de-Mello

Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso,
Instituto de Biociencias, Departamento de Biologia e Zoologia.
Av. Fernando Correa da Costa, 2367
Boa Esperanca
78060-900 - Cuiaba, MT
BRASIL
Tel: +55-65-3313-7377
I do not have accounts in MSN, Facebook, Orkut, LinkedIn, or any other of
such a kind.
Invitations to anti-social networks can be accepted upon request.
stop following me @ #mindyourownbusiness
I do have a skype account, if necessary you can ask directly for it, but I
only use it when making calls.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CV: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__buscatextual.cnpq.br_buscatextual_visualizacv.do-3Fid-3DP806968&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=0dKKCbLpmQdJFjZyUmOJ0zynkd3L5iKZhe8uuB-rQwE&m=8I0VSybj45PGiblpzfOTtzDyY6dQf7TkrRj2lJheQDo&s=M2IZCgiCHScEcOQXilWwJ7LNF8ub0oXBBKHX_2SGZ_4&e=

publications: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.dropbox.com_sh_d492uebthbm1mex_DtNq-5FJi3rZ&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=0dKKCbLpmQdJFjZyUmOJ0zynkd3L5iKZhe8uuB-rQwE&m=8I0VSybj45PGiblpzfOTtzDyY6dQf7TkrRj2lJheQDo&s=tFtGMrN9iWmXQdz1af_RUy72mWudpbsmiPS9W4Wilbw&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.researchgate.net_profile_Fernando-5FVaz-2Dde-2DMello2_publications&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=0dKKCbLpmQdJFjZyUmOJ0zynkd3L5iKZhe8uuB-rQwE&m=8I0VSybj45PGiblpzfOTtzDyY6dQf7TkrRj2lJheQDo&s=fvFXP0nh-01iWvQCR0xf2NqC6AjFy17prdmI_f_7mAs&e=

IMPORTANT WARNING: When sending specimens to our museum, under no
circumstances use a private courier (UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc.). The material
must be sent by regular postal service only. In Brazil, the private
couriers have been under closer scrutiny by regulatory Federal agencies.
These agencies too frequently have, without justification, temporarily
retained (and worse, even destroyed) inert biological samples sent for
scientific studies.