Please distribute
Thanks

Position for Visiting professor in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation

The Graduate Program in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation (acronym “PPG-ECB” in Brazil) of the Federal University of Mato Grosso- Brazil invites applications for 4 years, non-tenure track position at the rank of Visiting Assistant Professor.

The candidate should demonstrate to be productive in the area Ecology and/or Biological Conservation. We expect the hired visiting professor complement and engage with current academic staff and research groups within our Program in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation. The duties and responsibilities of the visiting professor should include to conduct original research, to teach classes in the PPG-ECB and to advise Master and PhD students. The classes taught can be in Portuguese, Spanish or in English.

QUALIFICATIONS

Ph.D. in Ecology or Biodiversity Conservation or correlated area.

Demonstrated excellence and experience in teaching. Commitment to working with a diverse student body.

Effective communication skills (both written and oral).

Ability to engage productively and collegially with faculty and diverse groups of students across courses and research groups.

Proved productivity in his area with high impact published studies.

APPOINTMENT TERMS

This is a 48 month position. The position does not lead to academic tenure. Salary will be paid monthly in the Brazilian Reais (R$). The gross salary is R$16,284.56 (net salary about R$ 11.500,00). Is important to note that the salary will not be corrected by the current exchange.

TO APPLY

The candidate will apply for a Simplified selection process for foreign temporary visiting professor position. The registration period: 05/06 to 20/06/2018. The inscriptions will be made by e-mail, [log in to unmask].

At the moment of the appliance, the candidate should send:

1 – Copy of the PhD Certificate

2 – Copy of CV filled in the Lattes model. Lattes CV is a demand for any researcher active in Brazil. With you don’t have it, please visit the domain: https://wwws.cnpq.br/cvlattesweb/pkg_cv_estr.inicio , choose the language (Portuguese, English or Spanish) and fill the CV model.  Please save and send the COMPLETE version of CV.

3 – Passport or foreign ID (If is resident in Brazil)

4 – A cover letter (including motivation, interests and clearly declaring availability to move to Cuiabá)

5 – A simplified research project for the period, focusing on research goals, feasibility, collaboration with local staff, and potential funding

6 – A plan describing which courses you can teach in undergraduate and graduate program (courses should be in any subject of Ecology and/or Evolution and/or Conservation Science)

--

Fernando Z. Vaz-de-Mello

Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso,
Instituto de Biociencias, Departamento de Biologia e Zoologia.
Av. Fernando Correa da Costa, 2367
Boa Esperanca
78060-900 - Cuiaba, MT
BRASIL
Tel: +55-65-3313-7377
I do not have accounts in MSN, Facebook, Orkut, LinkedIn, or any other of such a kind.
Invitations to anti-social networks can be accepted upon request.
stop following me @ #mindyourownbusiness
I do have a skype account, if necessary you can ask directly for it, but I only use it when making calls.
CV: http://buscatextual.cnpq.br/buscatextual/visualizacv.do?id=P806968

publications: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d492uebthbm1mex/DtNq_Ji3rZ
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Fernando_Vaz-de-Mello2/publications

IMPORTANT WARNING: When sending specimens to our museum, under no circumstances use a private courier (UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc.). The material must be sent by regular postal service only. In Brazil, the private couriers have been under closer scrutiny by regulatory Federal agencies. These agencies too frequently have, without justification, temporarily retained (and worse, even destroyed) inert biological samples sent for scientific studies.