In the May 14 issue of The New Yorker there is a review article  on Robert Kuttner's new book, Can Democracy Survive Global Capitalism? by Caleb Crain.  I have not yet read Kuttner's book but can tell you that in reviewing it, Crain provides what is probably the best relatively short and easily read summary of Polanyi's The Great Transformation that I have ever read.  According to Crain, Kuttner "champions Polanyi as a neglected profit.  I plan to get a copy of Kuttner's book but in the meantime, I strongly recommend Crain's review.

--Anne