John:  Thank you very much for posting this.   I also second your recommendation of Gareth Dale's book on Polanyi.  It is indeed excellent.

Not at the same level of scholarship but of some interest perhaps, I will note that I recently published "Trump Through a Polanyi :ens: Considering Community Well-being," in REAL WORLD ECONOMICS REVIEW (March, 2017): 28-35.  I would be interested in any comments from those of you interested in making use of Polanyi's ideas about economies.

Anne

From: AFEEMAIL Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Henry, John <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 6, 2018 5:28:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [AFEEMAIL] Polanyi

Comrades,

Given the recent posts surrounding Polanyi, some might be interested in this Youtube presentation of Abraham Rotstein speaking of his visits with Polanyi that resulted in his "Weekend Notes" I've only found one of these conversations on line, and I suspect that for the others, one will have to travel to either Montreal or NY (Columbia U). In any case, I stumbled on all this when rereading portions of Gareth Dale's, Karl Polanyi. (I believe John Watkins mentioned this in the recent discussion--it's an excellent account, by the way, by a sympathetic but critical commentator. Further, it's exceptionally well-written and displays an almost encyclopedic grasp of the literature.) So, here's the link to the video. I'll send another email in a bit with Rotstein's "Weekend Notes XVII." Attaching it to the video makes it too large for transmission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ_cya5IY1g

www.youtube.com
A film by David Nadjari In the early 1950s, Abraham Rotstein was a student of social theorist Karl Polanyi. In this unique interview, Rotstein recalls his en...

John

John F. Henry
Levy Economics Institute of Bard College
Annandale-on-Hudson
NY 12504

Email: [log in to unmask]