The Art of Record Production Conference 2019

In C: Creation, Connectivity, Collaboration, and Controllers

Hosted by Berklee College of Music, Boston, May 17–19, 2019

  • DEADLINE for abstracts: September 28, 2018, 12:00 a.m., EDT
  • Notification by October 29, 2018

    Our title for the 14th Art of Record Production Conference is inspired by Terry Riley’s seminal, minimalist work "In C" (1964). When asked how he would describe the relationship between his drive to push technology to its limits in the 1960s and the musical possibilities that resulted, Riley replied that it was all driven by "the 'What if?' principles." This conference seeks to bring together scholars, artists, and innovators applying "What if?" principles to practice and research. Our "C" themes—creation, connectivity, collaboration, and controllers—all represent areas of movement in contemporary record production, and we invite participants to interpret them creatively as they relate to active research projects and creative work. For full version of the CFP, enquiries, and more information please visit: https://www.berklee.edu/ARP19