UCLA Department of Music: Leo M. and Elaine Krown Klein Endowed Chair in
Performance Studies

This permanent endowed chair — the first in the history of the Department
of Music — will support a distinguished, senior-level professor with a
demonstrated record of excellence as a scholar, musician, and teacher. The
chair holder’s primary role will be to lead and teach in a distinctive
MM/DMA graduate program centered on the performance of Western art music
and built around a suite of core courses in bibliography, notation and
performance, analysis, and historical performance practices.

We seek a scholar/performer for this position for two reasons: because we
believe that the advanced training of performers greatly benefits from
mentors who exemplify excellence in both fields; and because we aim to
graduate students from our program who not only understand the value of
both approaches, but who can bring both skill sets to their future careers.

Full details:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__recruit.apo.ucla.edu_apply_JPF03969&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=mxi_5YNTHqnshJoQMbGsiZmgW0wXR4mxfz1OkXZQDic&s=gwEVeiDZM7Yvix6tXJO0bhFkdM0kjfPNCSKL51VTzPA&e=