There will be classes other than the Playing with Fire food related ones! See below for class descriptions.
It is NOT too late to add your class! Contact Countess Ylva Jonsdottir on Facebook or email [log in to unmask]
Florentine Fashion, 2 PM Saturday in the permanent shelter: This class looks at women’s fashion in Florence, Italy between 1490-1540. We will discuss the various layers and how you can build a versatile wardrobe with a few pieces. (bring a chair). Taught by Lady Gianna Darla Carson
Whole Cloth Dyeing, taught by Lady Agnes Carey Marquardt. Location – TBD (near water!):
- Saturday: 9am to 10am – Dyes 101 (lecture class) 10:30am to ?? – Setting up Mordant and Dye vat(s) for the day .
- 1pm to 3pm– Using a log to whole cloth mordant fabric for dyeing (Yarn can be mordanted after whole cloth projects are completed)
- Either 4pm to 6pm or 6pm to 8pm – whole cloth dyeing with the log (Yarn can be dyed after whole cloth projects are completed)
- Sunday: 10am to 11am – Introduction to the Indigo dye vat including setup
- 1pm to whenever we are done – whole cloth indigo dyeing (Yarn can be dyed after whole cloth projects are completed)
- Students who want to bring personal projects please contact Lady Agnes ahead of time to discuss feasibility of addition to already planned dye projects.
Post expires at 8:23am on Tuesday September 18th, 2018
You may view the latest post at
You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted.
The Falcon Banner
[log in to unmask]