Thanks Britt.
Yep, these drawings all need to be vector files. I’ll try the Object/Distort/Mesh tool and see how that works!!

Leggitt Design
303-394-0566
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.science-2Dart.com_leggitt&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=CpX9b9qjYlDaYxGqhxdmdAlLhLlACcbzlTXo4lhGFQQ&s=csJ9CyUwwBF9rmykaUlwX_TEvoRX6sGdXyKykdLi1eE&e=

> On Aug 7, 2018, at 1:47 PM, Britt Griswold <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Yeah, that is a tricky one. There may be some specialty drafting plug-in out there that would do logarithmic scaling, but I would not hold my breath. Sounds like you want to make a slinky type wave form shape....
>
> You might investigate the Distortion envelopes in Illustrator. You might be able take a sine wave with the Zig Zag effect, and distort parts of it with the Object/Distort/Mesh Envelope to squeeze a portion to narrower waves. I tried it, and it seemed to work visually, if not mathematically.
>
> This might be something you could accomplish in After Effects, but that is more like animated Photoshop, not Illustrator.
>
> Britt
>
>> On 8/7/18 3:18 PM, Karen Ackoff wrote:
>> Marj,
>>
>> What I would do is make vertical guides spaced as required to establish wave duration. Then I’d create a serpentine path and snap the points to the vertical guides.
>>
>> Hard to describe so I hope that’s clear.

>> >From my iPhone.
>>
>> On Aug 7, 2018, at 11:56 AM, Marjorie Leggitt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey everyone,
>>>
>>> I have an AI question: How do you make a longitudinal wave with variable distances between the wave? The wave graduates back and forth between tight waves to move open waves.
>>>
>>> Thank for your help.
>>>
>>> Marj

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=CpX9b9qjYlDaYxGqhxdmdAlLhLlACcbzlTXo4lhGFQQ&s=IZmdzHflrudrPT40ShyQf1y4lR13-2LGcfu5TIsRhiM&e=

List name is Sciart-L