For drafts I use Hammermill 98pt white inkjet paper and run thru the epson as plain paper. I have also used Hammermill Laser as it has a claycoat type feel. You'll want to test paper settings but you can get a good rough before printing to a high $ paper.  I only use the matte presentation or photo paper if I need to run thru the RIP for a final proof print.
Check to make sure you have the most recent drivers and the Epson paper settings downloaded to your computer prior to  printing. Selecting the right setting will ensure a consistent output and can help save ink.
Plain paper setting are set for a lower ink distribution and lower ppi, so you are not going to get the same output you would get with glossy or matte photo paper.

Good luck! Deb

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 5:03 PM, Phillip Vogel