I didn't know why there were 2 padlocks... Thank you! Always learning new things.

Ron Ruff
Owner/Animator
The TALLER Twin 3D Labs
TheTallerTwin.com
402-430-5373

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 7:51 PM, Deborah Shaw <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
You’re right; in the layers palette are two padlocks. The black one locks the layer so you can’t change anything on it. The other padlock is to lock the transparent pixels in that layer.

I end up with LOTS o’ layers, so I usually group them in folders. (The ‘new folder’ is at the bottom of the layers palette.) You can put whatever layers you want into the folder, name it, and then lock the folder, which locks everything in it.

Does that help what you’re looking to do?

I had lots of teeth gnashing initially when I switched to CC, but there’s a lot I like about it.

Deb

Deborah B Shaw
dbShaw Studios

cell: 949.887.3465