Britt, your comments remind me of a couple of things. First, yes, there are some extra things to keep in mind if your work is published. Collecting work (as in “Collected Works 2018”) was - and I assume still is (though I suggest double checking) - possible only with unpublished pieces. If published, you have to do each separately unless you have a series, such as 20 illustrations used in the same book.

I believe the 90 days doesn’t apply for unpublished art, though there is a protection - and you may get more money via a suit (court costs paid by the infringer, as an example) - if you register the copyright within a specific window of time near the point of infringement. So it’s ideal to have the registration done before you put the image “out there” to a client, on your web site, etc.

Lynette