Hi Karen:
This is my second small HP printer over a few decades. It's the workhorse of everyday stuff, quick prints like you say.  It started going cranky, and it was needing toner, so I bought the $125 toner (normal for this model). Then the crankiness did not stop. Dang.  But I was determined to turn it off and on, open close all the doors when it told me it needed paper/toner/stuck page.... when I knew that was not the issue.  So now my patience is just done.

Oh, yes, I saw that on Amazon, and maybe on HP.. I do not like that intrusive, too, for the company to know my business. Yup. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheers,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615