Fabulous detective work, Karen.

I can't expect the techs to know everything..... I think their brain
would go "Ka-boom".....  but Apple is good at trying, I have found.

One guy, I think it was HP printers, I said from the getgo that I wanted
to find the solution, not purchase a new printer, and he hung up on me.
haha.  No Joy with this gal. At first I was incensed, then thought he
saved me a whole lotta time, I called back got someone else, and we
fixed it.

I feel sorry for most of them, all they hear all day are complaints,
frustration and tears!

Glad you got it worked out!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC