or if they have a Mac and can get to the thumbnails, they can click on the thumbnail and hit the space bar to see the image...

good luck!

marni

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2018 5:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Help with MACs please

JPGs should open in any browser or in Preview.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2018, at 3:33 PM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I've taken photos of interiors of a house for a couple that are selling the home and moving away.  They've lived in the house for 30 years, and since it's a home in an historic village for which I'm collecting images for a book, I was more than interested in helping the couple "collect" memories.  Long story, but it's turned out to be one of those hoursofworkwithnopayscenarios.

However, I've given them a CD with 72ppi jpgs of the photos they wanted.....there are 143.....and they can't see them on their MAC laptop.   Huh?  The photos are in nested folders.....you know, Dining Room, Kitchen, yatta yatta.  The folders were produced on Windows10 with a standard right click, New, Folder.  And the images inside the folders are jpgs produced in Photoshop.   I've seen the missus open jpgs from her emails and/or travel photos, so I know there's some sort of jpg viewing program.  There are at least two in Win10.  I haven't been able to visit to see what the problem(s) might be, so I'm not certain if it's the folders she can't open or the jpgs.   Suggestions?  Other than abandoning the project :).

Thanks,
bab

--
Bruce Bartrug